Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Auto Save in Paint - ver 1.7.0.1 - Patch Release

This is a small post to post a minor patch on top of release version 1.7

Fixes:
1. The "Options" dialog pops-up "The file [] doesn't exist! Please enter a valid file path." message even when the "Use custom application to save images" is unchecked. This message should only pop-up when the aforementioned checkbox is selected and the file path provided leads to invalid file path.

I'm only uploading the binary+source for the patch, instead of the whole package. Please download ver 1.7 first and then apply the patch.

Download links for Auto Save in Paint v1.7.0.1 patch:
Binary
Source

4 comments:

  1. Sweet. Replaced the .exe, ready to go with no problems.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nahuatl,

    I am currently going through the hassle that your program is meant to solved! I had to open, save and then close maximum 15 files at a time for sometime hundreds of files. Glad that i have found you.

    However when i tried to install version 1.7, it states that "AutoSavePaint has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

    I then tried the patch 1.7.0.1, but also received the same problem.

    I then tried version 1.6, but it states "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files. Contact application vendor for assistance."

    I thought maybe i should install dotnetfx.exe

    I tried but it failed because i had .Net2.0 service pack 2 and .Net3.0 already installed.

    So what else is stopping me to use the program?

    My current system is on Intel Pentium 4, running XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    Cheers!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Mark! I am checking your comment very late. :(

    The ideal way to use this app (I got a bit lazy to fix it completely):
    1) Download the binaries from http://db.tt/r8IWBUc
    2) Download patch from http://db.tt/e86v83p

    Extract all the files from the above two zip files.
    Overwrite the patch files onto the contents of the first one.

    In total, you should have these files to run the application:
    AutoSavePaint.exe
    Animate.dll
    NativeTools.dll
    Win32FolderBrowserDialog.dll
    AutoSavePaint.config

    Let me know if this helps!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :)